Tuesday, 3 December 2013

A finished Rowan knitted shawl by Stephen West

It's been a while since I had something nice to show you. I have a finished object and I'm very excited. I was so excited to take a picture on Saturday with the sun shining brightly and with a spare morning but my camera's batteries died. So apologies if these photos, taken on my iPod, aren't great.



This is the Stephen West pattern 'the Boneyard Shawl' - but I knitted it in Rowan Felted Tweed on 5.5 mm needles. It was my first shawl and I started it just after my birthday trip to Get Knitted in Bristol. It cost me £20 and I loved knitting it so much I feel bereft.



My next shawl is going to be 'Buttermere' - a free pattern from Tangled Yarn. I have purchased some beautiful teal 4 ply yarn from the Tangled Yarn site and have wound it using my new wool winder but I haven't got round to ordering some new knit pro needles from Get Knitted yet. I am starting a collection of knit pro circulars as I only had about four not-so-good-won't-mention-the-brand ones. I am very impressed with the join on the knit pro circulars - you really get what you pay for with the cable and the quality of the needles - they are a joy to knit with.

Here's to more lovely finished objects!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...